Suggestions/questions about the soccer server manual.
The below is not in any particular order
- When is the momentum for the ball updated when you do a kick? Before or after the acceleration of the ball is calculated?
- Change the formula for momentum with correct index so that you know which value is used. (theta(t+1) = theta(t) + moment; or something)
- What is the formula for the actual angle when turning?
- If the formula in the manual is correct, then the example is wrong! It should then be +/- 30 degrees.
- What is the max and min of the direction of a catch and turn neck?
- What is the position and direction of the goalie after a catch?
- Shouldn't the maximum ball speed be 2.7m/s on page 8? (now 27m/s)
- How is the speed truncated when above its maximum value?
- (Speed is a vector and the speed returned by sense_body is the length of that vector, or?)
- A more detailed description of the movement (that is how dash and turn works) is needed.
- Maybe add more info about the existing code-archievs.
- Maybe more about the sserver script, since there has been some questions about that on the mailinglist.
- Add kick_power_rate and dash_power_rate in the formulas on page 15 (3.1.3)
- Maybe add a diagram of how the player can move in a few cycles if he's standing still or if he's moving at max speed. Interesting when you create algorithms for e.g. dribbling.
- Include a picture of how the sensordata depends on the distance (like the one found in Peter Stones thesis p36).
- Error in formulas 3.7 and 3.8 ? (found by the mailinglist)
- Is the stamina decreased by double the power if you do a negative dash? Then the second question on page 36 is incorrect.
- Maybe take away the question about Ogalets and Sekines agents. p 36
- A better picture about the different levels of stamina.
- Is the "feature" about dash(111.111) still present? In that case why?
Provided by Fredrik Heintz
Please mail what should be added, what should be removed, and what could be
done better in the manual to me.
Back to the mainpage
Responsible person for this page: Johan Kummeneje
Last modified: Mon Mar 1 MET 1999